There are couple reasons why home remedies are popular: to begin with they are safe and rather cheap, besides they are definitely powerful and last but not least, they are natural. So there is no danger of side-effects, when applying them.
The point of money isn’t a determinative factor when talking about your skins health. All you need is some easy steps to be followed. You should eat healthy food, take care of your skin and know who to make those remedies.
For many people being beautiful is a synonym of having light beautiful spotless skin. Many people suffer from pigmentation problems and they try hard to find out the reason of their problem, spending thousands of dollars on products that don’t really bring satisfaction to them.
So the problem is most people aren’t aware of the power of natural home remedies. Instead, they usually apply different creams, lotions and laser treatments to improve their skin. The point is, they can get the same or even better results, using other natural ingredients based products, which are actually side-effects free and cheaper.
It is necessary to make home skin lightening masks and scrubs regularly; they should become a part of your daily life, in case you want to achieve better results.
Here are the lists of some widespread home ingredients, which are used to lighten your skin: Aloe Vera, buttermilk, apple cider vinegar, dandelion sap, castor oil, and lemon juice. Many of them contain natural alpha hydroxy acids which promote skin exfoliation and pigmented and damaged skin cells removal and possess some skin whitening properties.
- Homemade mask should be used at least twice a week
- Sun block is a must to be applied
- Exfoliation should be conducted at least once a week
Take a look at some of the recipes down here, which can be made at home to lighten your skin:
1) Almond paste. According to experts, almonds have bleaching effects. The mechanism: Soak almonds in a water for a night. The next day, take external skin of the almond off and finally, crush the almond till it become the paste.
Now, all you need is just to put it on your skin and wait till it dries up. The paste can be applied only on the particular areas, which need to be whitened. As soon as the paste gets dry just wash it off with water. It is recommended to conduct the procedure till you get the desirable effect.
2) Potato paste. This paste is also known for its whitening effects. The mechanism: peel ofа the potato and make it a paste. Make sure that the juice is exposed due to the fact juice itself has whitening properties.
Now the paste is ready to be applied to your face. Wait till it dries up and rinse it off with water. The procedure can be repeated as much as needed. It is recommended to conduct procedure twice a day for better results.
3) Cucumber gel. Mechanism of action: chop a cucumber, use blender or chopper to make it a gel, apply the juice to the needed areas of your skin. The gel can be left for the night and washed off next morning for better results.
4) Lemon juice. Lemon is also known for its whitening effect. Put it on the needed areas and wash off with water. For better results, keep it at least 5 minutes.
5) Orange. Both orange and lemon activity is so good because they have Vitamin C. In the case with oranges, use the orange peel, instead of juice.
You need to mix grated orange with milk to create a paste. Then apply it to the problem areas. And wash it off with water after. It is recommended to leave it on your skin at least 10 minutes for better results.
6) Honey & Almond Face Mask
You need to mix 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of milk powder and 1 tsp of lemon juice, and Â½ tsp of almond oil. Put it on your face and leave for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off after. The mask will help you to get rid of tan and provides skin with brilliance.
7) Oatmeal & Tomato Face Mask
Create a mixture of oatmeal, curd and tomato juice. Apply it to your skin, leave the mask for 20 minutes and rinse off it with cold water after. The mask is great for lightening and tan removing.
8 ) Milk & Lime Face Mask
Mix a tbsp of gram flour with 2 tsp of raw milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice. Apply the mass to your skin and keep it 15 minutes, afterwards wash it off. It is recommended, to conduct the procedure once a week for 4 weeks.
9) Almond mask
Four almonds need to be soaked overnight. Grind it into paste, adding some milk. Leave it on your face and neck for a night; rinse it off with cold water in the morning. Do this twice a week, over a period of 15 days.
10) Mint Leaves Face Mask
Make a paste using fresh ground mint leaves, apply it to your face and keep for 20 minutes, wash it off with cold water after. Conduct the procedure for 15 days.
11) Tomato Juice & Lime Face Mask
Mix grated tomato with 2-3 drops of lime juice, apply the mask to your face, keep it for 20 minutes, and wash it off after. For better results, it can be done twice a day, through 15-20 days.
12) Complex mask
Mix one tablespoon each of cucumber juice, tomato juice, lemon juice, and sandalwood paste. Apply the mask to your face; leave it till it dries up. Wash it off with water and use moisture after.
13) Fennel and buttermilk mask
Add a teaspoon dried fennel into glass of boiling water. Leave it for 40-60 minutes, after this get rid of all herbal stuff from the glass of water. Then add a tablespoon of buttermilk and apply the received mixture to your face. Leave it for 15-20 minutes before wash off with clean water.
14) Juice of half a cucumber and half a lemon and a pinch of turmeric.
15) Peer parts of honey and almond paste (before soak almonds for night in water, peel them in the morning, make a paste )
16) Make a mixture: 2 tbsp gram flour, 1/2 tsp milk cream, 1/2 tsp lemon plus a pinch of turmeric.
17) Mix equal parts of lemon juice, sandalwood powder, tomato juice, and cucumber juice.
18) 1 tbsp bleaching powder, ½ tbsp hydrogen peroxide, plus a few drops ammonia.
19) 1 tsp 20 volumes peroxide, 2 tsp fuller’s earth, 6 drops of ammonia.
20) Ground dried orange peels, plus needed quantity of milk for a paste.
21) 2 tbsp cucumber juice, ½ tsp glycerin, 1 tbsp lemon juice, ½ tsp rose water
22) Mix equal parts of fresh coconut milk and fresh pineapple juice.
Don’t forget to moisturize your skin after applying the masks and always use sunblock to prevent further pigmentation problems.